Although we’re not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Service or Customer Data or to review or edit any Customer Data, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Service, to ensure compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Customer Data stored within the Service, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Customer Data to be objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Service. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Customer Data that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Service or any individual element within the Service, Gracy’s name, any Gracy trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Gracy’s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, Gracy’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Gracy’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Gracy system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Gracy or any of Gracy’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Service or Customer Data;
- Attempt to access or search the Service or Customer Data or download Customer Data from the Service through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Gracy or other generally available third-party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Gracy trademark, logo URL or product name without Gracy’s express written consent;
- Use the Service or Customer Data, or any portion thereof, for any purpose contrary to Customer’s policies or requirements, or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Service or Customer Data to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Service or Customer Data;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Service;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Service from other users of the Service without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
State or Local Government CustomersThis Section applies to Customer if Customer is a state or local government, but only to the extent the Service is being used in the User’s official capacity as a state or local government official. The sections in the Terms under the captions “Autorenewal,” “Indemnity,” and “Dispute Resolution,” will not apply to Customer only to the extent Customer’s jurisdiction’s laws prohibit Customer from accepting the requirements in those sections.Gracy Not a Government ContractorNotwithstanding any provision in these Applicable Customer Terms to the contrary, Gracy shall not be considered a government contractor for any federal, state, local, or foreign government.
- The Service is a “commercial item,” as defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, and constitutes “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” as used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202 to §227.7204. This commercial computer software and related documentation is provided to end users for use, by and on behalf of the United States government, with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein.
- The sections in the Terms under the captions “Autorenewal,” “Indemnity,” and “Dispute, Resolution” and are hereby waived to the extent they are inconsistent with federal law.
- We agree that Customer’s seals, trademarks, logos, service marks, trade names, and the fact that Customer uses our Service, will not be used by us in such a manner as to state or imply that our products or services are endorsed, sponsored or recommended by Customer or by any other element of the United States government, or are considered by Customer or the United States government to be superior to any other products or services. Except where Customer has provided any design or content into the Service, or for links to or promotion of such pages, we agree not to display any Customer or government seals, trademarks, logos, service marks, and trade names on our homepage or elsewhere on one of our hosted sites unless permission to do so has been granted by Customer or by other relevant federal government authority. We may list Customer’s name in a publicly available customer list so long as the name is not displayed in a more prominent fashion than that of any other customer.
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Service, please contact Gracy at email@example.com, physical address: Alocados Corp, 503, Teheran-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Please note that “Slack” is trademark of Slack Technologies, Inc., respectively, and or their respective affiliates in the U.S. and other countries, and other trademarks and service marks referenced herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. Gracy does not endorse any of these services, and neither Slack or other services mentioned in these Terms should be interpreted as an endorsement or recommendation of any Gracy service, and no assumption of any endorsement should be taken from Gracy’s integration with or use of any of those services.